The title of this topic is intentionally neutral because I’m interested in objective thoughts, and I have not stated my position. The goal here is to enable anyone to list objective Pro’s and Con’s.
Definition: “Sanctuary city” is a term that is applied by some to cities in the United States or Canada that have policies designed to not prosecute illegal aliens. The term generally applies to cities that do not allow municipal funds or resources to be used to enforce federal immigration laws, usually by not allowing police or municipal employees to inquire about an individual's immigration status.
Let me start with a couple Pro’s and Con’s.
1. The sanctuary city phenomenon represents an experimental new community model related to preferential societal self-organization for which the U.S. can observe the outcome and better understand the sequela of this community preference.
1. Any aspect of the sanctuary city phenomenon that violates federal law, or does not enforce federal law jeopardizes the integrity of our legal system.
2. There is a potential that unvaccinated immigrants will introduce or increase bacterial and viral vectors, biological outbreaks (increase public biohazards).
3. Anyone undocumented living among us circumvents government control of information related to the sanctuary community and introduces a vulnerability whereby a criminal or terrorist (awaiting the opportunity to commit a crime) is harbored by the sanctuary condition.
4. The indigenous people who have live in the city for generations (which has now become a sanctuary city) may not have been given a choice to live in the condition (if a vote was never cast to become a sanctuary city, then the condition could be deemed anti-democratic).
5. If the sanctuary city continues to be overtaken by undocumented individuals, and vulnerabilities are being exploited, subversion of the U.S. sanctuary region may occur (which is an obvious goal of foreign military covert operatives whom desire to damage our country).
---------------------ASSOCIATED LEGAL AND NON-COMPLIANCE ISSUES--------------------
CASE IN POINT-1 There are multiple non-compliance and non-enforcement issues implied, this may included FCD-1.
There is an FCD-1 issue, sanctuary cities are in non-compliance with FCD "vital records" requirements.
1223.14 What elements must a vital records program include?
To achieve compliance with this section, an agency's vital records program must contain all elements listed in FCD 1, Annex I (incorporated by reference, see § 1223.4). In carrying out a vital records program, agencies must:
(a) Specify agency staff responsibilities;
(b) Appropriately inform all staff about vital records;
(c) Ensure that the designation of vital records is current and complete; and
(d) Ensure that vital records are adequately protected, accessible, and immediately usable.
RESULT= Sanctuary cities are not processing illegal aliens appropriately within their vital records, because when they release them into the pubic domain they are not documenting it appropriately.
CASE IN POINT-2: DEPORTATION, IS PLAUSIBLE AND FEASIBLE.
If deportation was a priority, it would happen (Truman and Eisenhower did it).
FACT CHECK SUGGESTS
=>PRESIDENT TRUMAN DEPORTED 3.4 MILLION
=>PRESIDENT EISENHOWER DEPORTED 2.1 MILLION
CASE IN POINT-3: NON-ENFORCEMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION MEANS FORESAKING YOUR OATH OF OFFICE
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES-Article IV (Article 4 - States' Relations)-Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES- Article VI (Article 6 - Prior Debts, National Supremacy, Oaths of Office)- 2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
CASE IN POINT-4: ON the basis of PPD-8 non-compliance alone resulting in (Alien) Terrorists attacking us, everyone hears the Federal Government should withhold funds from Sanctuary cities to close the Gap (as leverage and persuasion), but no one is DOING what it takes to bring the situation to CLOSURE (lawfully).
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.